Final Project Part Two

"Such is the later stage of development of the social relation, our own, which is no longer one of persuasion ( the classical age of propaganda, ideology, publicity etc.) but one of dissuasion or deterrence: YOU are news, you are the social, the event is you, you are involved you can use your voice, etc" (Pg. 53). This quote is saying that you can have your own identity when it comes to you. I just feel like us people have a hard time finding that for their lives. But I feel like once you find a space or thing to do or claim you will be in better spot in your life. I relate this quote because it is the same thing when I am doing my art or other things that I am passionate or like doing. 





    For my final project I wanted to showcase movement in art which is dancing. I recently joined a group called Afro Fusions since last year of spring term. At first I was nervous because I did not dance unless I am in comfortable space. But some how it helped me out to step out of my comfort zone. Plus my really good friends were in it. Ever since I feel like dancing has been another way of art for me because we are expressing our bodies in different forms depending how we are moving. So recently I had a spring show with my dance group and perform many different songs that we chose and having been practicing. So for mine I decide to do videos have and mash up of what performances that has been going on. Also showing cases little bit of the behind scenes of the dances. 


Comments

  1. This final project idea almost feels like a video-based documentary as it is showcasing your dancing and the BTS in alternation with it. I am curious to see how you approach it visually. Have you thought about adding text and or a voice over to emphasize certain emotions you feel when moving your body? Or is it less poetic and more observational? Why did you make the choices you eventually committed to in regards to such film form and pov?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time and Motion

Tyler J's World

Progress Report of the Final Project